Close Menu
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
  • Home
  • Guns
  • Knives
  • Gear
  • News
  • Videos
  • Community

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest tactical, firearms and many more news and updates directly to your inbox.

What's Hot

The 7 Best Climbing Shoes of 2025

May 18, 2026 8:34 pm

Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL3 Review

May 18, 2026 7:33 pm

Rohde & Schwarz and Quantum Systems Join Forces to Redefine EW and C-UAS-Enabled Uncrewed Operations

May 18, 2026 6:37 pm
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Monday, May 18, 2026 8:49 pm EDT
Trending
  • The 7 Best Climbing Shoes of 2025
  • Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL3 Review
  • Rohde & Schwarz and Quantum Systems Join Forces to Redefine EW and C-UAS-Enabled Uncrewed Operations
  • Stranded Sailor Starts Massive Wildfire in California National Park
  • The Best Men’s Climbing Pants of 2026
  • MOHOC Introduces Optac: NDAA-Compliant, Multi-Spectrum UAV Optics
  • Snag These Outdoor Gear Deals During the Backcountry Memorial Day Sale
  • Bear Creek Arsenal BC-15 Pistol in .338 ARC
  • Privacy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest VKontakte
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
  • Home
  • Guns
  • Knives
  • Gear
  • News
  • Videos
  • Community
Newsletter
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
Home » N.C. Dad Who Allegedly Admitted to Killing His 3 Children and Stepson Says He Also Buried a 1-Month-Old Baby By Gabrielle Rockson
News

N.C. Dad Who Allegedly Admitted to Killing His 3 Children and Stepson Says He Also Buried a 1-Month-Old Baby By Gabrielle Rockson

Jack BogartBy Jack BogartNov 19, 2025 10:46 am3 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
N.C. Dad Who Allegedly Admitted to Killing His 3 Children and Stepson Says He Also Buried a 1-Month-Old Baby
By Gabrielle Rockson
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEED TO KNOW

  • Wellington Delano Dickens III is charged with four counts of murder, and he has now reportedly admitted to killing a fifth child
  • The fifth alleged victim is a one-month-old baby called Riley, who Dickens says had poor health before he passed away, per an affidavit obtained by NBC News
  • Officials previously confirmed the identities of the 4 initial victims as his children, Leah Dickens, 6, Zoe Dickens, 9, Wellington Dickens IV, 10, and Dickens’ stepson, Sean Brasfield, 18

A man charged with killing his three children and stepson has reportedly admitted to burying a fifth child in the woods.

Wellington Dickens III told authorities that the fifth child, a 1-month-old baby called Riley, was his son. He claims Riley died not long after he moved to a home in Zebulon, east of Raleigh, in North Carolina, according to NBC News, WBTV, and Spectrum News 1.

Dickens told officials that Riley began to have poor health before dying. He then reportedly buried the child in the woods.

Relatives revealed that after Dickens moved to Zebulon, they never heard of or saw Riley again, per an affidavit obtained by NBC News on Tuesday, Nov. 18. However, the infant’s death was not reported, and authorities have yet to find the baby’s remains.

Johnston County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Jeff Caldwell also said that the search for the child’s remains is ongoing, per NBC News, with authorities noting that an improvement in the weather will also enable a smoother recovery process of the body.

“This investigation remains ongoing with additional details being released when available and appropriate to release,” Caldwell said in a statement to PEOPLE.  

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE’s free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage, and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

On Oct. 27, Dickens allegedly called authorities and told them that he had killed his four other children.

“Dickens continued to speak with the dispatcher, saying that he did not torture his children, he over-disciplined his children, and wanted to turn himself in,” the affidavit stated, per NBC News.

Related Stories

Parents Convicted of Stabbing and Decapitating Two Children and Forcing Their Surviving Children to ‘Live Through Unimaginable Horror’
Natalie Sumiko Brothwell, Maurice Jewel Taylor
Girl, 12, Allegedly Didn’t Eat for 2 Weeks Before Death. Then Family Moved — with Her Remains — to a Different Home
Jacqueline Torres-Garcia Go Fund Me

“Johnston County Sheriff’s Office Deputies responded to the caller’s address and located Mr. Dickens,” authorities wrote in a press release at the time. “Mr. Dickens stated to deputies that his 3-year-old son was inside the house alive and 4 of his other children were deceased inside the trunk of a vehicle in the garage of the residence.”

Wellington Dickens III

The office added, “Mr. Dickens’ 3-year-old son was located and found unharmed in the residence. A preliminary investigation discovered what were believed to be multiple bodies in the trunk of a vehicle in the garage. Deputies determined what was believed to be human remains in the trunk that had been there for a long period of time.”

Officials confirmed the identities of the victims as Leah Dickens, 6, Zoe Dickens, 9, Wellington Dickens IV, 10, and Dickens’ stepson Sean Brasfield, 18, per NBC News.

Our new app is here! Free, fun and full of exclusives. Scan to download now!


It’s believed that Wellington IV and Brasfield died of malnutrition, per the affidavit obtained by NBC News.

Two months before her brother’s death, Leah was found deceased after her father went to check on her after allegedly “disciplining” her, while Zoe died after, police claim, Dickens taped her mouth when she made comments about her late sister Zoe.

“When he returned to check on her, she was found to be deceased,” the affidavit noted.

PEOPLE previously reported that Leah was allegedly killed in May while Zoe died in August. Wellington IV then died in either August or September, according to the sheriff, while Sean was allegedly killed in September, per The News & Observer.

Sean’s mother, Stephanie Rae Jones Dickens, died in April 2024, according to court filings for her estate. She had been married to Dickens since August of 2015, per her obituary.

Dickens currently faces four counts of murder and is being held without bond at the Johnston County Jail.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Related Posts

Bear Creek Arsenal BC-15 Pistol in .338 ARC

Olight’s Updated ArkPro Ultra EDC Flashlight

ATF Director Addresses Brace Rule and Reform

Why Flintlock Muskets Aren’t Regulated Like AR-15s

Minneapolis Gun Ordinance Likely Violates State Law

Virginia Assault Weapon Ban Faces Federal Lawsuit

Pro-Gun Group Warns of Digital Gun Tracking Risks

Monocore VS Baffle Stack Suppressors: Is One Clearly Better?

FPC Backs USPS Handgun Mailing Proposal

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL3 Review

May 18, 2026 7:33 pm

Rohde & Schwarz and Quantum Systems Join Forces to Redefine EW and C-UAS-Enabled Uncrewed Operations

May 18, 2026 6:37 pm

Stranded Sailor Starts Massive Wildfire in California National Park

May 18, 2026 6:32 pm

The Best Men’s Climbing Pants of 2026

May 18, 2026 5:30 pm

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest tactical, firearms and many more news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

MOHOC Introduces Optac: NDAA-Compliant, Multi-Spectrum UAV Optics

By news

Snag These Outdoor Gear Deals During the Backcountry Memorial Day Sale

By news

Bear Creek Arsenal BC-15 Pistol in .338 ARC

By Jack Bogart
Tactical Americans
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Copyright © 2026 Tactical Americans. Created by Sawah Solutions.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.