Close Menu
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
  • Home
  • Guns
  • Knives
  • Gear
  • News
  • Videos
  • Community

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest tactical, firearms and many more news and updates directly to your inbox.

What's Hot

ATF Gun Registry Database Tops 1 Billion Records

Feb 18, 2026 7:34 pm

Kidnappers posing as police officers target victims in Haiti capital

Feb 18, 2026 7:33 pm

US preparing to withdraw 1,000 troops from Syria under President Trump

Feb 18, 2026 7:27 pm
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Wednesday, February 18, 2026 7:51 pm EST
Trending
  • ATF Gun Registry Database Tops 1 Billion Records
  • Kidnappers posing as police officers target victims in Haiti capital
  • US preparing to withdraw 1,000 troops from Syria under President Trump
  • Tisas Arms Corp Begins Georgia Operations
  • ‘Riding Shotgun’ Series Explores the Future of Responsible Off-Highway Adventures
  • Millionaire philanthropist Robert Fuller Jr. shot dead in D.C. suburb
  • USS Gerald R. Ford moves toward Middle East amid Diego Garcia concerns
  • Boker Still Lettin’ the Stiletto Shine in 2026
  • Privacy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest VKontakte
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
  • Home
  • Guns
  • Knives
  • Gear
  • News
  • Videos
  • Community
Newsletter
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
Home » USS Gerald R. Ford moves toward Middle East amid Diego Garcia concerns
News

USS Gerald R. Ford moves toward Middle East amid Diego Garcia concerns

Jack BogartBy Jack BogartFeb 18, 2026 5:24 pm0 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
USS Gerald R. Ford moves toward Middle East amid Diego Garcia concerns
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The world’s largest aircraft carrier, the USS Gerald R. Ford and its strike group are moving from the Caribbean toward the Middle East as tensions escalate between the U.S. and Iran, according to reports.

The strike group is steaming across the Atlantic toward the Strait of Gibraltar, a Navy official confirmed to USNI News on Tuesday.

The move would place two aircraft carriers and their accompanying warships in the region. The USS Abraham Lincoln and three guided-missile destroyers arrived in the Middle East more than two weeks ago.

After deploying from Norfolk, Virginia, in June 2025, the Ford was moved from the Mediterranean to the Caribbean last fall as the Trump administration assembled a major military presence before launching strikes on Venezuela and capturing President Nicolás Maduro.

SCOTT BESSENT SAYS IRAN UNDERSTANDS ‘BRUTE FORCE’ AS TRUMP WEIGHS OPTIONS AMID NUCLEAR STANDOFF

Fox News Digital has reached out to the U.S. Navy for comment on the matter.

The shift comes as Iran and the U.S. engage in a second round of indirect nuclear talks in Geneva, where negotiators continue to seek an agreement on Tehran’s disputed nuclear program.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly warned that Tehran must fully dismantle its nuclear infrastructure or face consequences. He called for “full dismantlement” of Iran’s program in comments tied to the Geneva negotiations and U.S. demands that go beyond a simple freeze.

TRUMP SAYS IRANIAN SUPREME LEADER KHAMENEI SHOULD BE ‘VERY WORRIED’ AMID TENSIONS

A map of U.S. naval assets in the Middle East.

Last Thursday, Trump warned Iran that failure to reach a deal with the U.S. regarding its nuclear program would be “very traumatic” after the two countries held indirect talks in Oman earlier this month.

“It should happen quickly. They should agree very quickly,” he told reporters.

IRAN’S TOP DIPLOMAT SAYS NATION’S POWER LIES IN DEFYING PRESSURE: ‘NO TO THE GREAT POWERS’

Trump at Fort Bragg

Trump also weighed in on the strategic posture in the region, urging U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer not to enter a reported long-term lease arrangement involving Diego Garcia, a key U.S.-U.K. military base in the Indian Ocean that could be critical in any potential operation against Iran.

“I have been telling Prime Minister Keir Starmer, of the United Kingdom, that Leases are no good when it comes to Countries, and that he is making a big mistake by entering a 100-Year Lease with whoever it is that is ‘claiming’ Right, Title, and Interest to Diego Garcia, strategically located in the Indian Ocean,” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

“Should Iran decide not to make a Deal, it may be necessary for the United States to use Diego Garcia, and the Airfield located in Fairford, in order to eradicate a potential attack by a highly unstable and dangerous Regime,” he added. “DO NOT GIVE AWAY DIEGO GARCIA!”

Fox News Digital’s Landon Mion contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Related Posts

ATF Gun Registry Database Tops 1 Billion Records

Kidnappers posing as police officers target victims in Haiti capital

US preparing to withdraw 1,000 troops from Syria under President Trump

Millionaire philanthropist Robert Fuller Jr. shot dead in D.C. suburb

Fifth defendant found guilty in Sinaloa cartel meth conspiracy case

GOA Launches ‘State of the Second’ Digital Magazine

ICE arrests alleged child sex offender released under Connecticut sanctuary laws

American Stein Heath Cole killed in Thailand love triangle case

Federal agents seize 4,359 Mexico-bound guns under Trump administration

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Kidnappers posing as police officers target victims in Haiti capital

Feb 18, 2026 7:33 pm

US preparing to withdraw 1,000 troops from Syria under President Trump

Feb 18, 2026 7:27 pm

Tisas Arms Corp Begins Georgia Operations

Feb 18, 2026 6:38 pm

‘Riding Shotgun’ Series Explores the Future of Responsible Off-Highway Adventures

Feb 18, 2026 5:33 pm

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest tactical, firearms and many more news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Millionaire philanthropist Robert Fuller Jr. shot dead in D.C. suburb

By Jack Bogart

USS Gerald R. Ford moves toward Middle East amid Diego Garcia concerns

By Jack Bogart

Boker Still Lettin’ the Stiletto Shine in 2026

By news
Tactical Americans
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Copyright © 2026 Tactical Americans. Created by Sawah Solutions.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.