Close Menu
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
  • Home
  • Guns
  • Knives
  • Gear
  • News
  • Videos
  • Community

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest tactical, firearms and many more news and updates directly to your inbox.

What's Hot

USCIS halts asylum decisions after Afghan national accused of shooting National Guard members

Nov 29, 2025 2:18 am

Florida Gym Teacher Accused of Sending 'Obscene' Photos and 'Harmful Material' to a 13-Year-Old Student By Chris Spargo

Nov 29, 2025 2:08 am

Gold Star father blames Biden for Afghan national shooting near White House

Nov 29, 2025 1:11 am
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Saturday, November 29, 2025 3:05 am EST
Trending
  • USCIS halts asylum decisions after Afghan national accused of shooting National Guard members
  • Florida Gym Teacher Accused of Sending 'Obscene' Photos and 'Harmful Material' to a 13-Year-Old Student By Chris Spargo
  • Gold Star father blames Biden for Afghan national shooting near White House
  • National Guard Member Sarah Beckstrom, 20, Dies After 'Brazen' Attack Near White House, Trump Says By Nicole Acosta
  • Reports of victims with gunshot wounds at California mall on Black Friday
  • Two Inmates Allegedly Sawed Through Their Cell Bars and Escaped Custody Using Bed Sheets: Reports By Christina Coulter
  • Utah death row inmate dies of natural causes after execution was blocked
  • State Department pauses Afghan visas after D.C. attack kills Guard member
  • Privacy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest VKontakte
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
  • Home
  • Guns
  • Knives
  • Gear
  • News
  • Videos
  • Community
Newsletter
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
Home » Sean 'Diddy' Combs Denied Bail: Here's Why Judge Kept Him Behind Bars
News

Sean 'Diddy' Combs Denied Bail: Here's Why Judge Kept Him Behind Bars

Jack BogartBy Jack BogartJul 3, 2025 12:36 am0 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
Sean 'Diddy' Combs Denied Bail: Here's Why Judge Kept Him Behind Bars
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEED TO KNOW

  • A judge ruled that Sean “Diddy” Combs will not be released on bail
  • The ruling came several hours after a jury acquitted Combs of the sex trafficking and racketeering charges he faced and convicted him of two lesser counts of transportation to engage in prostitution
  • Combs is now awaiting sentencing and could still face a maximum of 20 years for the charges he was convicted on — 10 years for each count

Sean “Diddy” Combs will not be released on bail after being found guilty of prostitution charges and acquitted of more serious charges in his high-profile federal sex crimes trial.

Judge Arun Subramanian ruled Wednesday, July 2, that the music mogul will remain in custody as he awaits sentencing. The judge said Combs’ attorneys failed to demonstrate that he poses “no danger to any person,” citing an alleged act of violence against a woman in June 2024 — after Combs was already under investigation.

“You full-throatedly in your closing argument told the jury that there was violence here,” Judge Subramanian told Combs’ lawyers.

Combs’ sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 3.

The decision comes after Combs’ defense team proposed to the court earlier on Wednesday that he be immediately released on a $1 million bond co-signed by his mother, sister, and the mother of his eldest daughter.

Combs’ attorneys said in the letter that he would be restricted to traveling only in Florida, California and New York, and would surrender his passport and be subjected to regular drug testing under the defense’s proposed conditions. The attorneys contended that Combs is not a flight risk, and argued he has demonstrated “trustworthiness and cooperation” throughout the government’s prosecution of him.

On Wednesday, the jury acquitted Combs of the sex trafficking and racketeering charges he faced and convicted him of two lesser counts of transportation to engage in prostitution. The music mogul had pleaded not guilty. Combs could still face a maximum of 20 years for the charges he was convicted on — 10 years for each count.

Also in their letter to Judge Subramanian, Combs’ attorneys noted the “sentencing guidelines” for his Mann Act convictions would land him a prison term of 21 to 27 months, or about two years. They noted further he has already served 10 months behind bars at Brooklyn’s Metropolitan Detention Center.

Had Combs been convicted on the charges of sex trafficking or racketeering, he could have spent the rest of his life in prison. A legal expert predicted to PEOPLE that Combs will ultimately serve little to no time in prison.

The lawyer for Casandra “Cassie” Ventura, Combs’ ex-girlfriend and the prosecution’s star witness, had earlier submitted a letter to the judge asking him to deny Combs bond, worrying that he could pose a danger to Ventura or others.

Related Stories

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Acquitted of Most Serious Counts, Convicted on Prostitution Charges

Cassie’s Team Breaks Silence on Diddy’s Split Verdict
Sean "Diddy" Combs attends Black Tie Affair For Quality Control's CEO Pierre "Pee" Thomas on June 02, 2021 in Atlanta, Georgia. ; Cassie attends the Laquan Smith fashion show during September 2022 New York Fashion Week on September 12, 2022.

Prosecutors called 34 witnesses over a total of 29 days of testimony. They sought to portray Combs as the leader of an expansive business empire used to commit several crimes and alleged that he forced and coerced women into performing in highly orchestrated sex acts with male sex workers.

Of the nearly three dozen witnesses, some were law enforcement officers, while others celebrities, including rapper Kid Cudi and singer Dawn Richard.

But the two witnesses who spent the most time on the stand were two of Combs’ exes Ventura — who was late in her third trimester of pregnancy and has since given birth — and a woman who testified under the pseudonym “Jane.”

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE’s free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.  

Both women spent multiple grueling days on the stand and spoke about the sexual encounters known as “Freak Offs” or “Hotel Nights.”

Ventura also alleged that near the end of her 11-year, on-and-off-again relationship with Combs, he raped her.

Defense attorneys, who did not call any witnesses, attempted to portray the sexual encounters as consensual and argued that there was little evidence to suggest Combs had overseen a racketeering conspiracy.

Despite the conclusion of the criminal trial, Combs, who now sports gray hair, still faces several civil suits accusing him of sexual misconduct. He has consistently denied wrongdoing.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Related Posts

USCIS halts asylum decisions after Afghan national accused of shooting National Guard members

Florida Gym Teacher Accused of Sending 'Obscene' Photos and 'Harmful Material' to a 13-Year-Old Student By Chris Spargo

Gold Star father blames Biden for Afghan national shooting near White House

National Guard Member Sarah Beckstrom, 20, Dies After 'Brazen' Attack Near White House, Trump Says By Nicole Acosta

Reports of victims with gunshot wounds at California mall on Black Friday

Two Inmates Allegedly Sawed Through Their Cell Bars and Escaped Custody Using Bed Sheets: Reports By Christina Coulter

Utah death row inmate dies of natural causes after execution was blocked

State Department pauses Afghan visas after D.C. attack kills Guard member

4 First Responders Accused of Hazing 19-Year-Old Firefighter, Waterboarding and Whipping Him with Belt By Nicole Acosta

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Florida Gym Teacher Accused of Sending 'Obscene' Photos and 'Harmful Material' to a 13-Year-Old Student By Chris Spargo

Nov 29, 2025 2:08 am

Gold Star father blames Biden for Afghan national shooting near White House

Nov 29, 2025 1:11 am

National Guard Member Sarah Beckstrom, 20, Dies After 'Brazen' Attack Near White House, Trump Says By Nicole Acosta

Nov 29, 2025 1:06 am

Reports of victims with gunshot wounds at California mall on Black Friday

Nov 29, 2025 12:14 am

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest tactical, firearms and many more news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

Two Inmates Allegedly Sawed Through Their Cell Bars and Escaped Custody Using Bed Sheets: Reports By Christina Coulter

By Jack Bogart

Utah death row inmate dies of natural causes after execution was blocked

By Jack Bogart

State Department pauses Afghan visas after D.C. attack kills Guard member

By Jack Bogart
Tactical Americans
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Copyright © 2025 Tactical Americans. Created by Sawah Solutions.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.