Close Menu
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
  • Home
  • Guns
  • Knives
  • Gear
  • News
  • Videos
  • Community

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest tactical, firearms and many more news and updates directly to your inbox.

What's Hot

Sex offender released 4 days before random Daytona Beach teen neck slashing

Feb 18, 2026 9:35 pm

ISIS detainees: US moves 6,000 from Syria to Iraq amid security concerns

Feb 18, 2026 9:32 pm

Fort Benning Integrates Virtual Drone Training into OSUT Program of Instruction

Feb 18, 2026 8:41 pm
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Wednesday, February 18, 2026 10:34 pm EST
Trending
  • Sex offender released 4 days before random Daytona Beach teen neck slashing
  • ISIS detainees: US moves 6,000 from Syria to Iraq amid security concerns
  • Fort Benning Integrates Virtual Drone Training into OSUT Program of Instruction
  • Pairing Your Suppressor With The Right Subsonic Ammo
  • Illegal immigrant accused of shooting Charleston, SC deputy
  • ATF Gun Registry Database Tops 1 Billion Records
  • Kidnappers posing as police officers target victims in Haiti capital
  • US preparing to withdraw 1,000 troops from Syria under President Trump
  • Privacy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest VKontakte
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
  • Home
  • Guns
  • Knives
  • Gear
  • News
  • Videos
  • Community
Newsletter
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
Home » US preparing to withdraw 1,000 troops from Syria under President Trump
News

US preparing to withdraw 1,000 troops from Syria under President Trump

Jack BogartBy Jack BogartFeb 18, 2026 7:27 pm2 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
US preparing to withdraw 1,000 troops from Syria under President Trump
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The U.S. is preparing to withdraw all roughly 1,000 troops from Syria, ending a decade-long military mission as President Donald Trump reshapes America’s posture in the Middle East, according to a report.

Three American officials familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal that U.S. forces are expected to depart the country within the next two months, completing a full withdrawal after the military already vacated several key positions earlier this year.

The move would mark the end of a U.S. ground presence that began in 2014 under Operation Inherent Resolve, the coalition campaign aimed at dismantling ISIS.

American troops remained in Syria after the terrorist group’s territorial defeat in 2019 to support partner forces, prevent an ISIS resurgence and counter Iran-backed militias operating across the region.

TOP GOP SENATOR SAYS SYRIA CEASEFIRE WELCOME BUT ACTIONS MUST MATCH WORDS

U.S. forces previously withdrew from al-Tanf Garrison, a strategic outpost near the borders of Syria, Jordan and Iraq, as part of a broader posture adjustment announced earlier this year. At the time, U.S. Central Command said American forces would remain prepared to strike ISIS targets and safeguard long-term stability.

Officials told the Journal the broader withdrawal is not tied to the current buildup of U.S. naval and air assets in the Middle East amid tensions with Iran over its nuclear program. Tehran has threatened retaliation against American troops in the region if the U.S. launches airstrikes.

The Trump administration has determined a continued military footprint in Syria is no longer necessary following shifts in control on the ground, including the integration of Kurdish-led forces into the Syrian army after the ouster of Bashar al-Assad, the officials told the Journal.

134 HOUSE REPUBLICANS DEMAND ‘ASSURANCES’ BEFORE US EASES SYRIA SANCTIONS

Two people ride a motorbike along a road near a military base where a coalition aircraft is visible overhead in Al-Shaddadi.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio recently met with Syria’s foreign minister to discuss counterterrorism coordination and maintaining a fragile cease-fire.

The change in posture comes just weeks after U.S. forces transferred 150 ISIS fighters from a detention facility in Hasakah, Syria, to a secure location in Iraq.

US FORCES COMPLETE WITHDRAWAL FROM STRATEGIC AL-TANF GARRISON IN SYRIA

Armed personnel from an international coalition and Kurdish-led forces patrol together along a rural road in northeastern Syria.

Officials indicated in late January that thousands more detainees could also be moved as part of the broader effort to maintain long-term security in the region.

Syria became the 90th member of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS, a U.S.-led alliance formed to coordinate international efforts against the extremist group, in November.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Tom Barrack, the U.S. ambassador to Turkey and special envoy for Syria, said Damascus – under interim President Ahmed al-Sharaa – is prepared to assume security responsibilities, including control of ISIS detention facilities and camps, following the 2024 ouster of al-Assad.

Fox News Digital’s Ashley Carnahan contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Related Posts

Sex offender released 4 days before random Daytona Beach teen neck slashing

ISIS detainees: US moves 6,000 from Syria to Iraq amid security concerns

Pairing Your Suppressor With The Right Subsonic Ammo

Illegal immigrant accused of shooting Charleston, SC deputy

ATF Gun Registry Database Tops 1 Billion Records

Kidnappers posing as police officers target victims in Haiti capital

Millionaire philanthropist Robert Fuller Jr. shot dead in D.C. suburb

USS Gerald R. Ford moves toward Middle East amid Diego Garcia concerns

Fifth defendant found guilty in Sinaloa cartel meth conspiracy case

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

ISIS detainees: US moves 6,000 from Syria to Iraq amid security concerns

Feb 18, 2026 9:32 pm

Fort Benning Integrates Virtual Drone Training into OSUT Program of Instruction

Feb 18, 2026 8:41 pm

Pairing Your Suppressor With The Right Subsonic Ammo

Feb 18, 2026 8:35 pm

Illegal immigrant accused of shooting Charleston, SC deputy

Feb 18, 2026 8:34 pm

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest tactical, firearms and many more news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

ATF Gun Registry Database Tops 1 Billion Records

By Jack Bogart

Kidnappers posing as police officers target victims in Haiti capital

By Jack Bogart

US preparing to withdraw 1,000 troops from Syria under President Trump

By Jack Bogart
Tactical Americans
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Copyright © 2026 Tactical Americans. Created by Sawah Solutions.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.