Close Menu
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
  • Home
  • Guns
  • Knives
  • Gear
  • News
  • Videos
  • Community

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest tactical, firearms and many more news and updates directly to your inbox.

What's Hot

Iowa Man Beat 4 People to Death with Metal Pipe. Now He's Heading to Prison By Liam Quinn

Nov 29, 2025 4:10 am

Reports of victims with gunshot wounds at California mall on Black Friday

Nov 29, 2025 3:19 am

USCIS halts asylum decisions after Afghan national accused of shooting National Guard members

Nov 29, 2025 2:18 am
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Saturday, November 29, 2025 4:27 am EST
Trending
  • Iowa Man Beat 4 People to Death with Metal Pipe. Now He's Heading to Prison By Liam Quinn
  • Reports of victims with gunshot wounds at California mall on Black Friday
  • USCIS halts asylum decisions after Afghan national accused of shooting National Guard members
  • Florida Gym Teacher Accused of Sending 'Obscene' Photos and 'Harmful Material' to a 13-Year-Old Student By Chris Spargo
  • Gold Star father blames Biden for Afghan national shooting near White House
  • National Guard Member Sarah Beckstrom, 20, Dies After 'Brazen' Attack Near White House, Trump Says By Nicole Acosta
  • Reports of victims with gunshot wounds at California mall on Black Friday
  • Two Inmates Allegedly Sawed Through Their Cell Bars and Escaped Custody Using Bed Sheets: Reports By Christina Coulter
  • Privacy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest VKontakte
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
  • Home
  • Guns
  • Knives
  • Gear
  • News
  • Videos
  • Community
Newsletter
Tactical AmericansTactical Americans
Home ยป USCIS halts asylum decisions after Afghan national accused of shooting National Guard members
News

USCIS halts asylum decisions after Afghan national accused of shooting National Guard members

Jack BogartBy Jack BogartNov 29, 2025 2:18 am0 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp
USCIS halts asylum decisions after Afghan national accused of shooting National Guard members
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced on Friday that it has halted all asylum decisions following the shooting in Washington, D.C., in which an Afghan national was accused of shooting two National Guard members, including one who died from her injuries.

USCIS Director Joseph B. Edlow said the asylum decisions would be suspended “until we can ensure that every alien is vetted and screened to the maximum degree possible.”

“The safety of the American people always comes first,” he wrote on X.

The pause comes amid a broader immigration crackdown signaled by President Donald Trump, who on Thursday vowed to halt migration from “Third World countries” and reverse Biden-era admissions.

STATE DEPARTMENT ‘IMMEDIATELY’ HALTS ALL AFGHAN PASSPORT VISAS FOLLOWING DEADLY NATIONAL GUARD ATTACK

Edlow said on Thursday that officials would reexamine green cards issued to immigrants from every “country of concern,” including Afghanistan. USCIS also implemented new national security measures to be considered while vetting immigrants from “high risk” countries.

“I have directed a full scale, rigorous reexamination of every Green Card for every alien from every country of concern,” he wrote.

National Guard soldiers shot in DC

The Department of Homeland Security also said it had already halted all immigration requests from Afghanistan and was in the process of reviewing all asylum cases approved under the Biden administration.

Additionally, the Department of State has paused all visas for people traveling on Afghan passports in response to the attack against the National Guard members.

“The Department of State has IMMEDIATELY paused visa issuance for individuals traveling on Afghan passports,” the agency wrote. “The Department is taking all necessary steps to protect U.S. national security and public safety.”

National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, 20, of West Virginia, died after the shooting on Wednesday in the nation’s capital, while the second service member wounded in the attack, Andrew Wolfe, 24, is still in critical condition.

The alleged gunman, Rahmanullah Lakanwal, 29, faces multiple charges, including one count of first-degree murder and two counts of assault with intent to kill while armed. Attorney General Pam Bondi said that the Justice Department would pursue the death penalty against the suspect.

WHO IS THE DC NATIONAL GUARDSMEN SHOOTING SUSPECT? WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT AFGHAN NATIONAL RAHMANULLAH LAKANWAL

Photo of National Guard shooting suspect, Rahmanullah Lakanwal

Lakanwal entered the U.S. legally in 2021 under humanitarian parole as part of the Biden administration’s Operation Allies Welcome, following the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.

He was vetted by the CIA in Afghanistan for his work with the agency and again for his asylum application in the U.S. A senior U.S. official told Fox News he was “clean on all checks” in his background check.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Lakanwal had his asylum application approved by the Trump administration earlier this year.

A report released by the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General in June found there were “no systemic failures” in Afghan refugee vetting or subsequent immigration pathways.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Related Posts

Iowa Man Beat 4 People to Death with Metal Pipe. Now He's Heading to Prison By Liam Quinn

Reports of victims with gunshot wounds at California mall on Black Friday

Florida Gym Teacher Accused of Sending 'Obscene' Photos and 'Harmful Material' to a 13-Year-Old Student By Chris Spargo

Gold Star father blames Biden for Afghan national shooting near White House

National Guard Member Sarah Beckstrom, 20, Dies After 'Brazen' Attack Near White House, Trump Says By Nicole Acosta

Reports of victims with gunshot wounds at California mall on Black Friday

Two Inmates Allegedly Sawed Through Their Cell Bars and Escaped Custody Using Bed Sheets: Reports By Christina Coulter

Utah death row inmate dies of natural causes after execution was blocked

State Department pauses Afghan visas after D.C. attack kills Guard member

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Reports of victims with gunshot wounds at California mall on Black Friday

Nov 29, 2025 3:19 am

USCIS halts asylum decisions after Afghan national accused of shooting National Guard members

Nov 29, 2025 2:18 am

Florida Gym Teacher Accused of Sending 'Obscene' Photos and 'Harmful Material' to a 13-Year-Old Student By Chris Spargo

Nov 29, 2025 2:08 am

Gold Star father blames Biden for Afghan national shooting near White House

Nov 29, 2025 1:11 am

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest tactical, firearms and many more news and updates directly to your inbox.

Latest News

National Guard Member Sarah Beckstrom, 20, Dies After 'Brazen' Attack Near White House, Trump Says By Nicole Acosta

By Jack Bogart

Reports of victims with gunshot wounds at California mall on Black Friday

By Jack Bogart

Two Inmates Allegedly Sawed Through Their Cell Bars and Escaped Custody Using Bed Sheets: Reports By Christina Coulter

By Jack Bogart
Tactical Americans
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Copyright © 2025 Tactical Americans. Created by Sawah Solutions.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.